Round It Up for Lymphoma 2019
March 8 - March 24, 2019
Make Your Donation Below
For the past seven years, Highland Ventures, Ltd, has raised over $7.8 million in support of the Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF) and the Lymphoma Biobank at the University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Cancer Center (UCCC).
During three weeks in March, customers are asked to round up their transactions to the nearest dollar. All customer donations are used to support vital lymphoma research. Advancements in research and treatment have been made possible by the efforts of dedicated customers and employees of Family Video, Marco’s Pizza, and StayFit24.
Each year, bake sales, car washes, 5K Walk/Runs, and other fundraising events generate donations and help drive the spirit of the campaign. Stories of hope serve as a daily reminder of why customers are asked to “round it up”: One day soon we will find a cure for Lymphoma.
- Lymphoma is the most common blood cancer in adults and the third most common cancer overall among children.
- Every day, approximately 275 Americans are diagnosed with a type of lymphoma. That means that every seven minutes someone is diagnosed with lymphoma.
- More than 1 MILLION Americans are living with some form of lymphoma.
WHO WE ARE SUPPORTING:
The Lymphoma Research Foundation
- The Lymphoma Research Foundation is the nation’s largest non-profit organization devoted to funding innovative research and providing people with lymphoma and healthcare professionals with up-to-date information about this type of cancer.
- To date, the LRF has awarded more than $65 million in lymphoma-specific research and impacted people in all 50 states and 65 countries worldwide. The Foundation funds young investigators to ensure that the best and the brightest science minds are dedicated to researching lymphoma.
- Each year, more than 1 MILLION people access LRF patient education resources and services, including in-person lymphoma workshops, disease-specific websites and teleconferences, award-winning mobile app, clinical trials information service and a professionally staffed lymphoma helpline.
The University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Care Center
- Thanks to the support from Highland Ventures, Ltd, in 2013 under the leadership of Dr. Sonali Smith, UChicago Medicine opened the Hoogland Lymphoma Biobank to give researchers access to a library of biological samples from lymphoma patients. The goal: use the samples to help researchers better study the complex family of cancers that turn the immune system’s infection-fighting white blood cells against a patient.
- Since the biobank was established, Dr. Smith has enrolled more than 1,275 patients, received 1000 blood samples and collected 500 tissue samples. In addition to helping lymphoma patients find the best possible treatment, Smith and her team hope the biobank will also be able to help explain why certain people develop lymphoma in the first place.
Donations to Date: $7,825,519
Thank you for your continued support! Your donations are truly making a difference.
Select Your Store
Select your preferred store to see what new release rentals are currently available.