July 2019: New Release Rentals
July 2, 2019
- The Extractors: Escape Plan (R)Screen legend Sylvester Stallone kicks this explosive action tale into high gear. After security expert Ray Breslin (Stallone) is hired to rescue the kidnapped daughter of a Hong Kong tech mogul from a formidable Latvian prison, Breslins girlfriend (Jaime King, SIN CITY) is also captured. Now he and his team, which includes Dave Bautista (GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY franchise) and Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, must pull off a deadly rescue mission to confront their sadistic foe and save the hostages before time runs out.
- The Best of Enemies - + DVD + Digital HD (PG-13)Based on a true story, THE BEST OF ENEMIES centers on the unlikely relationship between Ann Atwater (Henson), an outspoken civil rights activist, and C.P. Ellis (Rockwell), a local Ku Klux Klan leader who reluctantly co-chaired a community summit, battling over the desegregation of schools in Durham, North Carolina during the racially-charged summer of 1971. The incredible events that unfolded would change Durham and the lives of Atwater and Ellis forever.
- An Acceptable Loss (Not Rated)She was the ultimate patriot. Now, what she knows could bring down the government. Libby Lamm (Tika Sumpter, Southside With You) is a former top national security adviser who, while working with Rachel Burke (Jamie Lee Curtis), a ruthless, steel-willed political veteran, signed off on a controversial military action that was supposed to end the war on terror. The problem: thousands died under false pretenses. Haunted by what she knows, Libby sets out to tell the truth, risking treason — and her own life — to expose a cover-up that stretches all the way to the highest level of government. This gripping saga of lies, conspiracy, and betrayal is an explosive look at what it takes to do the right thing — even if it means going up against your own country.
- Dead Trigger (Not Rated)After a mysterious virus kills billions and creates scores of zombies, the government develops a video game -- DEAD TRIGGER -- that simulates the outbreak, then recruits the game's best zombie killers to combat the real-life horde. Led by Captain Kyle Walker (Dolph Lundgren) to Terminal City, the virus's point of origin, the player's mission is simple: find the team of scientists working on a cure. But wiping out the city's undead legions will test every DEAD TRIGGER skill they possess.
- The Public (PG-13)The Public is about downtown Cincinnati librarians Stuart Goodson (Emilio Estevez) and Myra (Jena Malone) who see their regular winter day shaken up when homeless patrons decide to take shelter in their library for the night. What starts as a peaceful sit-in quickly escalates into a face-off with the police and the media.
- Dragon Ball Super: Part Eight (Not Rated)With Buu out of commission, and in order to complete their roster, Goku recruits an old enemy as the 7th Universes final teammate. However, the other universes arent keen on letting this new foe join the fight. The stage is set, and the Tournament of Power finally starts! Can the Z Fighters last against an onslaught of targeted aggression, or will personal grudges mark the beginning of the end?!
- Adventures of Dally & Spanky (PG)Inspired by the true animal friendship of a Jack Russell Terrier and a rescued miniature horse, the story of Dally & Spankys bond has captivated audiences. This sensational duo has generated millions of video views and is now the inspiration for this brand-new feature film! Addy and Ella are teenaged half-sisters with little in common. When 17-year-old Addy loses her father, she retreats from her family and struggles to deal with his loss. Ella, with her dog Dally, reaches out to create a bond with Addy and Spanky, the miniature horse shes just inherited from her father. Not only do the animals get along, but they quickly become a dynamic duo thanks to Addy and Ellas training. Their act quickly goes viral and wins their high school talent show, bringing the girls closer! Unfortunately, the family realizes that the cost to keep Spanky is too high and theyll have to send him away. But Addy gets an idea and submits their routine to a popular TV talent show. Now, its all or nothingand ANYTHING can happen!
- Deadsight (Not Rated)Mara Madigan is a pregnant police officer about to go on maternity leave. But on her last day on the job, she wakes up to a world ravaged by a nightmarish and bloody plague of the living dead. Amidst the chaos and violence, she finds Ben Neilson, a man who is virtually blind, helpless, and has a mystery shrouding his past. Somehow these two must put their heads together and find a way to safety to escape this living hell.
- Her Smell (R)Becky Something (Elisabeth Moss, The Handmaid's Tale) is a '90s rock superstar who once filled arenas with her band Something She. When her excesses derail a national tour, she's forced to reckon with her past while recapturing the inspiration that led her band to success. Featuring an all-star cast, including Cara Delevingne (Suicide Squad), Dan Stevens (Downton Abbey), Amber Heard (Aquaman), Her Smell is director Alex Ross Perry's "greatest achievement yet" (The Daily Beast).
- Mia and the White Lion (PG)Mia is a willful young girl whose life is turned upside-down when her family decides to leave London to manage a lion farm in South Africa. But when a beautiful white lion, Charlie, is born, Mia finds happiness once again and develops a special bond with the cub. As Charlie grows to full size, Mia uncovers an upsetting secret and feels she must protect him. The two friends set out on an incredible journey across the South African savanna in search of a sanctuary where Charlie can live out his life in freedom.
- A Violent Separation (Not Rated)In a quiet Midwestern town, a deputy named Norman Young is faced with an impossible decision; arrest his older brother Ray for murder or help him cover it up. Norman chooses family. As the ensuing investigation withers, neither of the brothers are prepared for the weight of their guilt or how that guilt will strain their loyalty to each other when a passionate romance blossoms between Norman and the victim's younger sister, Frances. Family bonds are tested as impossible choices must be made to protect the ones they love.
July 9, 2019
- Pet Sematary (Not Rated)Based on the seminal horror novel by Stephen King, Pet Sematary follows Dr. Louis Creed (Jason Clarke), who, after relocating with his wife Rachel (Amy Seimetz) and their two young children from Boston to rural Maine, discovers a mysterious burial ground hidden deep in the woods near the family's new home. When tragedy strikes, Louis turns to his unusual neighbor, Jud Crandall (John Lithgow), setting off a perilous chain reaction that unleashes an unfathomable evil with horrific consequences.
- Little (Not Rated)Girls Trip's Regina Hall and Black-ish's Marsai Martin both star as Jordan Sanders -- Hall as the take-no-prisoners tech mogul adult version of Jordan and Martin as the 13-year-old version of her who wakes up in her adult self's penthouse just before a do-or-die presentation.
Insecure's Issa Rae plays Jordan's long-suffering assistant April, the only one in on the secret that her daily tormentor is now trapped in an awkward tween body just as everything is on the line. Little is an irreverent new comedy about the price of success, the power of sisterhood and having a second chance to grow up -- and glow up -- right.
- After (PG-13)AFTER follows Tessa (Josephine Langford), a dedicated student, dutiful daughter and loyal girlfriend to her high school sweetheart, as she enters her first semester in college. Armed with grand ambitions for her future, her guarded world opens up when she meets the dark and mysterious Hardin Scott (Hero Fiennes Tiffin), a magnetic, brooding rebel who makes her question all she thought she knew about herself and what she wants out of life.
- High Life (R)Monte (Robert Pattinson) and his baby daughter are the last survivors of a damned and dangerous mission to deep space. The crew--death-row inmates led by a doctor (Juliette Binoche) with sinister motives--has vanished. As the mystery of what happened onboard the ship is unraveled, father and daughter must rely on each other to survive as they hurtle toward the oblivion of a black hole.
- The Professor (R)Johnny Depp delivers a wickedly funny performance as Richard, a buttoned-down college lecturer who, after learning he has six months to live, transforms into a rebellious party animal. To the shock of his wife (Rosemarie DeWitt) and school chancellor (Ron Livingston)--and the delight of his students--Richard leads a hilarious crusade against authority and hypocrisy in this dark comedy costarring Zoey Deutch.
- Head Count (Not Rated)Newcomer Evan joins a group of teens on a getaway in Joshua Tree. While exchanging ghost stories around the campfire, Evan reads aloud a mysterious chant from an internet site. From that moment, someone--or something--is among them. As unsettling, inexplicable events become more frequent, Evan realizes this summoned shape-shifting creature is targeting them to fulfill a deadly ritual.
- Mojin: The Worm Valley (Not Rated)Following in the footsteps of blockbuster MOJIN: THE LOST LEGEND and based on the bestselling novel series, MOJIN: THE WORM VALLEY once again finds legendary tomb explorer Hu Bayi on a dangerous mission as he seeks out the Tomb of Emperor Xian, located on an island of monstrous creatures in this mystical action-adventure.
- Landing Lake (Not Rated)A team of satellite technicians enter the woods to repair a communication station but they are forced to rescue the crew of an airplane that crashed near a lake. They quickly realise that something may be coming from the lake that is affecting their minds and the passing of time. As they lose their inhibitions their most primal desires take hold. Lured on by the unseen entity it seems that only one of the team is permitted to bond with it and so be reborn in a new physical body. A terrifying game of strategy not to survive, but rather to die with the promise of life anew.
- Robert Reborn (Not Rated)In 1951 USSR, as the Cold War intensifies, infamous dictator Joseph Stalin is suffering with illness and his death is imminent. Meanwhile, KGB agent Stoichkov discovers a mysterious stage show in the Baltic region featuring three creepy dolls - Robert, Kalashnikov and Miss Cyclops. Spellbound by the lifelike animation displayed by the dolls on stage, Stoichkov investigates the show's host and discovers he is a German Toymaker who owns a mystical book which holds the key to eternal life. Believing the Toymaker and his book will help Stalin escape death, Stoichkov kidnaps him and they board a plane to Moscow. But the Toymaker's living creations have followed them. When the plane is in mid air all hell breaks loose as Stoichkov and his team of KGB agents realize the three dolls are on board and will stop at nothing to rescue their puppet master. Fasten your seat belt and prepare for blood soaked toy terror at 30,000 feet.
- Storm Boy (PG)A beautiful and contemporary retelling of Colin Thiele's classic Australian tale.
'Storm Boy' has grown up to be Michael Kingley, a successful retired businessman and grandfather. When Kingley starts to see images from his past that he can't explain, he is forced to remember his long-forgotten childhood, growing up on an isolated coastline with his father. He recounts to his granddaughter the story of how, as a boy, he rescued and raised an extraordinary orphaned pelican, Mr. Percival. Their remarkable adventures and very special bond has a profound effect on all their lives.
Based on the beloved book, Storm Boy is a timeless story of an unusual and unconditional friendship.
July 16, 2019
- Shazam! (PG-13)We all have a superhero inside us, it just takes a bit of magic to bring it out. In Billy Batson's (Angel) case, by shouting out one word--SHAZAM!--this streetwise 14-year-old foster kid can turn into the adult Super Hero Shazam (Levi), courtesy of an ancient wizard. Still a kid at heart--inside a ripped, godlike body--Shazam revels in this adult version of himself by doing what any teen would do with superpowers: have fun with them! Can he fly? Does he have X-ray vision? Can he shoot lightning out of his hands? Can he skip his social studies test? Shazam sets out to test the limits of his abilities with the joyful recklessness of a child. But he'll need to master these powers quickly in order to fight the deadly forces of evil controlled by Dr. Thaddeus Sivana (Strong).
- Breakthrough (PG)BREAKTHROUGH is based on the inspirational true story of one mothers unfaltering love in the face of impossible odds. When Joyce Smiths adopted son John falls through an icy Missouri lake, all hope seems lost. But as John lies lifeless, Joyce refuses to give up. Her steadfast belief inspires those around her to continue to pray for Johns recovery, even in the face of every case history and scientific prediction.
- Little Woods (R)Ollie, a well-meaning woman with an unlawful cause, has been illegally furnishing the residents of North Dakota with Canadian medicine and health care. Unfortunately, she's proven no match for the long arms of the law. With her fate now hanging in the balance, Ollie makes the prudent decision to dismantle her black market business. Ollie's sister, Deb, foils her plan after coming to her with one final cry for help.
- Family (Not Rated)Kate (Taylor Schilling) is a workaholic who avoids social interaction at all costs. However, after being unexpectedly tasked with babysitting her equally awkward niece Maddie (Bryn Vale), she has to face her own issues of social paranoid when Maddie runs away to join the Juggalos. Written and directed by Laura Steinel. Also starring Brian Tyree Henry, Jessie Ennis, Blair Beeken, Matt Walsh, Kate McKinnon, and Juan Gaspard.~Clare Perez-Izaguirre Lopez
- Saint Judy (PG-13)The true story of immigration attorney Judy Wood as she represents and fights for Asefa Ashwari, an Afghan woman who fled her home country after being persecuted by the Taliban. Despite setbacks and losses, their efforts culminate in arguments before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, as they seek to save not only Asefa's life, but countless others across the world.
- Teen Spirit (PG-13)Violet (Elle Fanning) is a shy teenager who dreams of escaping her small town and pursuing her passion to sing. With the help of an unlikely mentor, she enters a local singing competition that will test her integrity, talent and ambition. Driven by a pop-fueled soundtrack, Teen Spirit is a visceral and stylish spin on the Cinderella story.
- Monster Island (Not Rated)When Lucas finds out he is not really a human, but actually a monster, the news changes his whole world! Embarking on a quest to Monster Island to discover his real roots, Lucas undergoes a journey he will never forget. He finds himself face to face with more tentacles, fangs and far-out situations than he can shake one of his new wings at. Ultimately Lucas learns that being a freak, isnt freakyit means youre a member of a brand new type of family that you can proudly call your own.
- Scary Stories (Not Rated)Explore the history of one of the most controversial works of modern children's literature: The best selling teen classic Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, which scared a generation of readers and became of of the most banned books of modern times. Includes the author's family, scholars, folklorists, artists, fans, and children's book authors such as R.L. Stine, Q.L. Pearce, and more.
July 23, 2019
- Alita: Battle Angel (PG-13)From visionary filmmakers James Cameron (AVATAR) and Robert Rodriguez (SIN CITY), comes ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL, an epic adventure of hope and empowerment. When Alita (Rosa Salazar) awakens with no memory of who she is in a future world she does not recognize, she is taken in by Ido (Christoph Waltz), a compassionate doctor who realizes that somewhere in this abandoned cyborg shell is the heart and soul of a young woman with an extraordinary past. As Alita learns to navigate her new life and the treacherous streets of Iron City, Ido tries to shield her from her mysterious history while her street-smart new friend Hugo (Keean Johnson) offers instead to help trigger her memories. But it is only when the deadly and corrupt forces that run the city come after Alita that she discovers a clue to her past - she has unique fighting abilities that those in power will stop at nothing to control. If she can stay out of their grasp, she could be the key to saving her friends, her family and the world she's grown to love.
- Hellboy (R)Hellboy is back, and he's on fire. From the pages of Mike Mignola's seminal work, this action-packed story sees the legendary half-demon (David Harbour) called to the English countryside to battle a trio of rampaging giants. There he discovers The Blood Queen, Nimue (Milla Jovovich), a resurrected ancient sorceress thirsting to avenge a past betrayal. Suddenly caught in a clash between the supernatural and the human, Hellboy is now hell-bent on stopping Nimue without triggering the end of the world.
- Missing Link (PG)The charismatic Sir Lionel Frost (voiced by Hugh Jackman) considers himself to be the world's foremost investigator of myths and monsters. The trouble is none of his small-minded high-society peers seems to recognize this. Sir Lionel's last chance for acceptance by the adventuring elite rests on traveling to America's Pacific Northwest to prove the existence of a legendary creature. A living remnant of Man's primitive ancestry. The Missing Link.
Zach Galifianakis is Mr. Link: the slightly silly, surprisingly smart and soulful beast upon whom Sir Lionel's dreams depend. As species go, he's as endangered as they get; he's the last of his kind, and he's lonely. Proposing a daring quest to seek out his rumored distant relatives, he enlists Sir Lionel's help in an odyssey around the world to find the fabled valley of Shangri-La.
Together with Adelina Fortnight (voiced by Zoe Saldana), an independent and resourceful adventurer who possesses the only known map to the group's secret destination, the unlikely trio embarks on a riotous rollercoaster of a ride. Along the way, our fearless explorers encounter more than their fair share of peril, stalked at every turn by dastardly villains seeking to thwart their mission. Through it all, Mr. Link's disarming charm and good-humored conviction provide the emotional and comedic foundation of this fun-filled family film.
- How High 2 (Not Rated)Lil Yachty (Roger) and DC Young Fly (Calvin) star in the sequel to the cult-classic stoner comedy How High. When two jobless friends discover a hidden weed bible and the ultimate bud, they think that they've got it made... with 'seed' money to start a new snack delivery app. But, when nearly all of their stash and weed bible are stolen, the two potpreneurs set off on an outrageous, mind-bending adventure through Atlanta to find them. Stoned with supernatural powers, they search 'high' and low, stopping at nothing to recover their ticket to starting a legit business.
- Master Z: Ip Man Legacy (Not Rated)Legendary action director Yuen Woo-Ping draws on a stellar cast (Michelle Yeoh, Dave Bautista, Tony Jaa, and Max Zhang) to create a hard-hitting martial arts blast worthy of its place in the celebrated IP MAN universe. Following his defeat by Master Ip, Cheung Tin Chi (Zhang), tries to make a life with his young son in Hong Kong, waiting tables at a bar that caters to expats. But its not long before the mix of foreigners, money, and triad leaders draw him once again to the fight.
- Abduction (Not Rated)Quinn (Scott Adkins, Doctor Strange), a member of a SWAT unit, steps out of a park fountain in an Asian city with no recollection of who he is or where he came from. As he pieces together clues from his past, he vaguely recalls his young daughter, who has been kidnapped. Meanwhile, Conner (Andy On, Zombie Fight Club), a former military operative turned gangster-for-hire, discovers that his wife has also disappeared mysteriously in the middle of the night. These two men, with little in common, realize they must work together to find their loved ones and thwart their mysterious abductors.
- Critters Attack! (Not Rated)Inspired by the cult-favorite film series from the '80s and '90s, Critters Attack! follows 20-year-old Drea, who reluctantly takes a job babysitting for a professor of a college she hopes to attend. Struggling to keep the professor's children, Trissy and Jake, and her own little brother Phillip entertained, Drea takes them on a hike, unaware that mysterious alien critters have crash-landed and started devouring every living thing they encounter. While being tracked by the ravenous critters, Drea and the kids encounter an adorable, seemingly harmless female critter named Bianca, an exiled royal fleeing the critter race. As the critters converge on campus, Drea and the kids, who are now inextricably linked to Bianca, rush to head them off. Will Drea discover her inner badass, and will it be enough to stop the critter onslaught? And is the critter princess as innocent as she seems?
- Dogman (Not Rated)In a seaside village on the outskirts of an Italian city, where the only law seems to be survival of the fittest, Marcello is a slight, mild-mannered man who divides his days between working at his modest dog grooming salon, caring for his daughter Alida, and being coerced into the petty criminal schemes of the local bully Simoncino, an ex-boxer who terrorizes the neighborhood. When Simoncinos abuse finally brings Marcello to a breaking point, he decides to stand up for his own dignity through an act of vengeance, with unintended consequences.
- Fast Color (PG-13)Hunted by mysterious forces, a young woman (Gugu Mbatha-Raw) with supernatural abilities must go on the run when her powers are discovered. With nowhere else to go, she flees back to her family and the farmhouse she abandoned long ago. There, while being pursued by the local Sheriff (David Strathairn), she begins to mend the broken relationships with her mother (Lorraine Toussaint) and daughter (Saniyya Sidney) and unearths the depths of the power within her.
- Rock Paper Scissors (R)From the writer of FRIDAY THE 13TH and the director of CHILD'S PLAY comes this tale of a serial killer thats been curedor has he been? Released from a mental hospital, Peter (Luke Macfarlane, "Brothers & Sisters") is haunted by memories of childhood abuse and murder victims while being menaced by the cop who put him away (Michael Madsen, THE HATEFUL EIGHT). His only friend is pretty neighbor Monica, who says she wants to interview him for a book. But does she have a more sinister motive in mind?
- Shadow Wolves (Not Rated)Shadow Wolves is an elite unit of highly trained Native Americans who must stop ISIS terrorists sneaking into the U.S. When Colonel Branson (Gibson), head of a secret division of the NSA, sends his best agent (Walker) to help them, his presence could bring the Shadow Wolves closer together or break them apart.
- Soul Reaper (Not Rated)Charlie's getting married. And when he invites his friends to join him for a stag weekend in a remote British cabin, the group thinks it's a great opportunity to leave the US behind and have a blow out with their old buddy - Only thing is, Charlie isn't telling his friends the whole truth about the trip. Instead of celebrating, events soon take a sinister turn when the friends start to disappear one by one. Is Charlie up to his old tricks? Or has some dark demonic force really been unleashed into the woods? Soon the American friends start to learn the true reason why Charlie has invited them to a creepy cabin in the woods, in the middle of nowhere, and the fight for survival is on.
July 30, 2019
- Long Shot (R)From the celebrated team of Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, creators of outrageous comedy hits including THIS IS THE END and NEIGHBORS, comes LONG SHOT. Seth Rogen stars as Fred Flarsky, a hard-partying journalist who's got it bad for Charlotte Field (Charlize Theron), his first crush turned presidential candidate. After Charlotte hires Fred as a speechwriter, he is a fish out of water on her elite team. But sparks fly as he turns her on to a wild new world of raging parties, secret rendezvous, and hilarious rule-breaking.
- The Intruder (PG-13)When a young married couple (Michael Ealy and Meagan Good) buys their dream house in the Napa Valley, they think they have found the perfect home to take their next steps as a family. But when the strangely attached seller (Dennis Quaid) continues to infiltrate their lives, they begin to suspect that he has hidden motivations beyond a quick sale.
- Domino (R)A Copenhagen police officer, Christian (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau), seeks justice for his partner's murder by ISIS member Imran. In a world wracked by terror and suspicion, Christian and Alex (Carice van Houten), a fellow cop and his late partner's mistress, embark on a mission to hunt Imran down, but are unwittingly caught in a cat-and-mouse chase with a duplicitous CIA agent (Guy Pearce) who is using Imran as a pawn to trap other ISIS members. Soon Christian and Alex are racing against the clock -- not only seeking revenge, but to save their own lives.
- UglyDolls (PG)In the adorably different town of Uglyville, weird is celebrated, strange is special and beauty is embraced as more than simply meets the eye. Here, the free-spirited Moxy and her UglyDolls friends live every day in a whirlwind of bliss, letting their freak flags fly in a celebration of life and its endless possibilities, occasionally looking to the sky, where a new UglyDoll will appear and be embraced by the community.
Moxy (Kelly Clarkson) loves her square-peg life in this round-hole town, but her curiosity about all things leads her to wonder if there's something - anything - on the other side of the mountain which nestles Uglyville. Moxy gathers a group of her closest friends and sets off to find what's on the other side. They discover another world - Perfection - a town where more conventional dolls are trained in protocols before they graduate and are sent to the "real" world to find the love of a child.
In Perfection, Moxy and her crew are subject to the manipulations of Lou (Nick Jonas), the perfect doll in charge of training recruits. Here, the UglyDolls will confront what it means to be different, struggle with their desire to be loved, and ultimately discover that you don't have to be perfect to be amazing because who you truly are is what matters most.
- Body at Brighton Rock (R)In this edge-of-your-seat thriller, an inexperienced park ranger takes a wrong turn and discovers a dead body in the remote mountain woods. Helplessly lost, and with orders to guard the potential crime scene until rescuers can arrive in the morning, she must fight the urge to run and instead stare down her darkest fears. Will she survive the brutal conditions of a night alone in the wilderness?
- Holy Lands (Not Rated)Harry Rosenmerch (James Caan) is a Jewish-American cardiologist from New York who has a troublesome relationship with his son David (Jonatha Rhys Meyers), his daughter Annabelle (Efrat Dor), and his wife (Rosanna Arquette). He soon leaves everything to breed pigs in Nazareth, Israel. While there, Harry meets Moshe, a Rabbi who is against Harry's pig farm.
- The Last Whistle (PG)High school football coach Victor Trenton is beloved by the town and is a father figure to his team. When an all-star player collapses during an intense practice, all eyes turn to the storied head coach. Instead of mollifying the situation, he tries to push the team to continue their winning streak rather than dealing with the circumstances. Now, with the player's mother pressing charges, the coach must decide if his reputation, career, and livelihood are worth his pride.
- Twelve Pole Manor (Not Rated)A group of friends buy a house in West Virginia in order to flip it for a profit. But this house has a dark and deadly past, one foretold in urban legend. As the house possesses the friends to turn against each other and themselves one by one, its unforgiving need for blood only grows stronger.
- Ulysses: A Dark Odyssey (Not Rated)Taurus City, The United States of Europe, 2023. Uly, a disillusioned soldier riddled with amnesia, returns home from a war in the Middle East, knowing only that he must desperately comb the city to find his beloved wife, Penelope. Fate fills this endless night with a series of chance meetings. Whether it be the wealthy Alcyde, the beastly cyclops Popov, Aeo the Gyspy, or Cici the Sorceress, good or evil that they be, each encounter fills in a missing piece of Uly's memory, so that he can finally face his past.